Managing performance is a fundamental responsibility of anyone who has people reporting to them. Managers need to agree expectations, not just about what needs to be done, but also how it’s done. They need to provide ongoing support and feedback to motivate and develop their people, and take appropriate action where performance isn’t at the required level.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the measures you take to manage individual performance
- Align individual goals with those for the team and organisation as a whole
- Provide motivational feedback
- Plan remedial action when required
- The manager’s role in managing performance
- Agreeing performance expectations
- Providing feedback to improve performance
- Understanding why performance falls below expectations
- Development planning
This course is aimed at line managers and supervisors who are responsible for the performance of others. While it refers to the place that annual performance reviews and appraisals play, its main focus is on the day-to-day work needed to ensure people can perform to the best of their ability.
This outline provides suggested content. Contact me to find out how it can be adapted to suit your organisation’s specific needs